Sunday, September 4, 2016

Blog-Tember Day 4 | What I'm Up To

Today's Prompt: What are you up to currently?



Reading... Bird by Bird by Anne Lammot and Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist.
Playing...croquet at the park this weekend.
Watching...Portlandia. It's too funny.
Trying...not to be too hard on myself.
Cooking...eekk not much. #usual. I do make good salads. And there's a great Thai place near me :)
Eating...left-over Garlic Chicken Pizza from Scott's birthday.
Drinking...water....and cold brew lattes.
Calling...my insurance. #boring.
Texting...Scott and my friend Abby.
Planning...to take the state clinical exam in October!
Tweeting...nothing.
Going...to Fiesta Island tonight to walk Lenny by the beach.
Loving...the fall decorations my mom bought for me.
Hating...waiting.
Discovering...how God isn't stuck to one church denomination.
Thinking...about what job I should pursue once I'm licensed.
Feeling...overwhelmed at the prospect.
Hoping...for some ice-cream.
Listening...to my dog's chewing sounds. He loves his bones. And many lectures for my studying.
Celebrating...Scott's 29th birthday!
Smelling...peppermint essential oil.
Thanking...my sweet grandma Mimi for her generosity.
Considering...why we feel so much external pressure to follow a certain timeline in life.
Starting...to write every day. :)
Finishing...off the summer.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you used hashtags in there, because I totally did in mine as well, haha! I feel like I live my life in a constant state of hoping for some ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! It's a pretty great thing to hope for especially in the hot summer ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I would love to hear what you think about both of those books when you are done! I enjoyed Bird by Bird overall (the writing tips were awesome) but Anne's style is a little too brash for me at times so I was kinda put off sometimes. I really liked Bittersweet by Shauna so I want to get Present Over Perfect soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I LOVE Present Over Perfect. Reading her books is like being wrapped in a warm soft blanket and being given a glass of wine (or a cup of coffee, whatever the preference. haha) Bird by Bird has been super helpful for writing tips! Have you read any of her other books? I like how honest and irreverent she is but it's not always gentle so I know what you mean. I haven't read any of her other books and have wondered if they become a little less rough around the edges.

      Delete