Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Blog-Tember Day 6 | My Playlist

I always get a bit nervous when asked about my musical taste. I've loved music as far back as I can remember; however I'm far from being a music snob. Since I loved to sing, I took a music theory class in high-school (along with so much choir #ugh) and had no idea what was happening almost the whole time. My musical preference generally makes me embody a teenager (and a middle schooler at that). I'm a shameless lover of Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Meghan Trainor, and Carly Ray Jepsen. But since you now know my love for these artists I'll introduce you to a couple others I adore.


Today's Prompt: Create a playlist. What you're listening to now, what encourages you, your holiday favorites etc.



Michael Buble:Christmas
Every year around November September (depending on my stress level) I listen to this album. I dream about Christmas, falling snow and twinkling lights. This whole album calms and soothes me. I love the holiday season. 

Tow'rs: The Great Minimum
I have recently fallen in love with this album. Tow'rs was the camp band and we were privileged to hear them on a regular basis. They have such a beautiful unique sound and aren't afraid to ask the hard questions that haunt us all. I feel closer to God when I listen to their lyrics. I especially love Circles on this album.

Cold War Kids: Hold My Home 
I heard this first at a coffee shop and just simply loved the sound. I can't even come up with a cool fancy way to talk about them. (American indie rock band, there we go). 

Justin Timberlake: Can't Stop the Feeling
This song specifically is fun, catchy and full of pop. It really does feel like sunshine. It just makes me want to dance!

What is on your playlist?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather, I love Michael Buble, he's not my Sinatra (but no one ever will be lol) but I remember seeing an interview with him on the BBC and thinking he was so sweet in his answers to some really silly questions and he is really talented. I think the whole world except me looks forward to Christmas :) I'd rather hibernate through it all and wake up when it's time for me to hang out my first laundry of the year in Spring :) I'm loving Blogtember this year :) Hope you're having a fabulous start to the week and sending you heaps of huggles dear wee friend xxx

    ReplyDelete