Being 29 years old has made me think about a lot of things. It's crazy to think that in a few short months I will head into a whole new decade. The 30sssssssss. It's made me think about how I've grown in my 20's. The idea of becoming an adult is so vague, so gradual, you barely realize it's happening and then suddenly you look back and think, wow, I'm kind of adultish! (Besides the fact that I STILL enjoy snuggling random puppies in the neighborhood, and STILL have the urge to jump on hotel beds as well as STILL thinking that a hand stand in the pool is pretty cool. I also generally need prizes to motivate me just like I did when I was a child. )
Maybe I'll write a blog next on "signs that you'll always remain a child at heart". But for now, here's the trusty signs that you are becoming an ADULT!!! Celebrate your stunning adult life!
1. You have learned how to say no. (this is the height of luxury!!!!)
8. Good health insurance excites you like nothing else!!!
14. Instead of using non-real adjectives to describe experiences or feelings, such as “that’s so gay” or “that’s retarded” or “I want to bang him” you put your grammar to good use and use a thesaurus when struggling.
16. It is exciting to go to Target to get cleaning products.
18. You've figured out what you believe and what your values are.
19. You don't have to have alcohol to have a fun time.
Clearly this is something adults do.