Monday, September 12, 2016

Blog-Tember Day 12 | Books Books and more Books!

Happy Monday friends! Off to another blogging week! Today I am off work and had a ton of studying to do. Of course my printer struggled, ran out of black ink, my lecture froze and Leonard ran around the house barking and growling acting like he's never had a walk a day in his life. This is the way things go right?

I made a pact with myself that if I made it through the first lecture I could post my blog! After all, I'd rather talk about books I'm reading than clinical theories! So let's get started!

Today's Prompt: Three books! One you just read, one you're currently reading and one you want to read! 

JUST READ:



Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton

I read it in one day and it was amazing! I need to do a full book review on this but for now, head on over to Amazon and buy it!

CURRENTLY READING:



Bird By Bird, Some Instructions On Writing and Life by Anne Lammot

Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist

The Sin of Certainty: Why God Desires our Trust More than our Correct Beliefs by Peter Enns

WANT TO READ:



The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo

I know this is super trendy right now and I feel cheesy picking this one but I'm very curious about it! Since I've been cleaning out our closets and guest room and getting ride of lots of clothes I feel inspired by de-cluttering. I always think about Mindy Kaling from the Mindy Project when says, "I did that Japanese decluttering thing where you hold something and if it doesn't bring you joy you throw it out. I got rid of all my vegetables and an electric bill" Lol.

I usually am reading a fun fiction book along with my non-fiction books so it's weird that I haven't started one yet. You can also read more my love of books and book reviews here.

Excited to see what you all are currently reading! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading a Christan cheesy romantic historical fiction, but just ordered The Super Couple: A formula for Extreme Happiness in Marriage by Chrstine Bacon. I went to Regent University with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Bird By Bird (though her crass style/humor was a little bit too much at times). Her writing tips are timeless and helpful! I want to get my hands on Present Over Perfect because I really liked Bittersweet and I keep hearing how great POP is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, I haven't read the Kon mari book either yet but it does seem to have set the world on a de-clutter marathon :) I have this weekend off work (a rare treat indeed!) and I'm hoping to fill some more bags to take to our local charity shop, we're planning a trip to Ikea next week too and to have at least one day out, Hubby, Jade and I. He has next week on hols from work too and it shouldn't all be work (he's spending the week mending & painting the back garden fence.) Huggles xxx

    ReplyDelete