Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Blog-Tember | Day 17 | My latest loves: Mindy, Oils, Bopo and Coffee


Today’s prompt: Just for fun: your latest obsession. What can you not get enough of these days?



Mindy Kaling  Mindy's latest book "Why Not Me" arrived at my door yesterday afternoon and I could not be happier! From the first few pages I was already laughing out loud. She is just so witty, down to earth and likable. Also, The Mindy Project is FINALLY back on. I won't spoil it for you but lately I've just can't get enough of Mindy! 

Essential Oils As you know, I've been a bit sick with a cold so I've upped my game with essential oils. I've recently discovered the healing powers of Thieves! And Clove! And Lemon! I use them in my diffuser :)  I can also put the lemon in my water or in tablets and it cleanses the toxins from my body.  Today I ordered Young Living's Orange essential oil. Apparently it helps with the digestive system, helping alleviate feelings of stress and calming the nervous system. (and apparently can be used as bug repellent! Who knew!)

Body Positivity The #bodypositivity community is great. I love following them on Instagram. I am so inspired to practice self-care by nourishing myself and respecting all the ways my body changes and grows. I liked the quote about embracing our own "glorious mess" because we are just human and being human is the most stunning thing. We don't need to be filtered or edited or photo-shopped or try another diet or go down a size to know our true and intrinsic worth. Our worth cannot be measured or weighed.

Coffee  My morning coffee routine is very important to me especially now with an HOUR PLUS commute in the mornings to work. But even on the weekends my coffee is important. It reminds me to savor, to be in the moment and enjoy the present. Coffee reminds me to take a deep breath as I get ready to face another day. Also, Scott and I just love exploring new coffee shops and roasters. It's a hobby we really love. There is so much more to learn and explore in the coffee world!

What is your latest obsession these days?


4 comments:

  1. You are my biggest obsession! :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that looks creepy out of context...I'm married to this particular blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parkinson's disease is a condition in which parts of the brain become progressively damaged over many years. Slowed movement, tremor, shaking and memory loss are the main symptoms of this disease. Parkinson's treatment

    ReplyDelete