My amazing blog friend, Helen, posted this up on her blog at I Will Bloom which she found through the Northwoods Scrapbook blog. I'm a bit late to the party but better late than never! I thought it was pretty fun and who doesn't want to get to know their blog neighbor?! I know I do!
1. How long have you been blogging?
For about 5 whole years actually! That's crazy. I started in 2010 when I was still trying to work my way through graduate school. I think I needed an outlet for all my raging thoughts and feelings.
2. To visualise what you look like, what colour is your hair? Your eyes? How tall are you?
I have dirty blonde hair which I recently CHOPPED! So it is about chin length. I am still getting used to it. My eyes are blue and I am 5'8"
3. What’s your favourite color?
Sky blue or deep turquoise like how the ocean looks on some days. I also really like gray when it comes to decorating. And I just love the color purple and lavender.
4. What’s your favourite kind of music? I have never liked this question as I have never felt like an especially artistic, original, hip music girl. I like mainstream stuff like Taylor Swift. I also like Imagine Dragons which I guess is considered alternative? And I like the Lumineers. I like things that sound like pop and folk at the same time.
5. What’s your favourite food or kind of food?
Thai food; specifically chicken pad thai or yellow curry. So good. Since moving to San Diego, I have become a lover of street tacos as well especially with shrimp. My midwest roots still call to me though and I love nothing more than a big medium rare steak and a potato with all the butter and all the salt. I'm a big fan of cucumbers, pasta, black olives and chocolate almonds.
6. What’s your favourite drink?
An iced cold brew latte with either vanilla or pumpkin spice but most of you know about my addiction…
After that would be a sizzling hot capachino.
And finally, just red wine, but I really love the Cupcake Merlot red wine specifically.
7. What’s your favourite place you’ve ever traveled? And where would you like to travel that you haven’t so far?
Favorite place I've traveled hands down, Italy, Italy, Italy. It was exactly as amazing as all my childish dreams. Where would I like to travel? Too many places, Seattle, San Francisco, Portland, and as far as out of the country goes: Scotland, Ireland, London and somewhere in South America.
8. What famous person (dead or alive) would you like to meet and why?
Such a tricky question! I suppose this would change depending on what season in life I'm in. I think I would have loved to meet Mother Mary. The Bible depicts her as so ridiculously calm that I have a hard time imagining her as a real person. I would love to have coffee with her. I also would love to meet Dr. Seuss. His books!!! He writes in such a deep and inviting way. I think I'd want to meet Brene Brown and ask her how she lives out shame resilience in her personal day to day life. I would also like to meet Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Mindy Kaling, the queens of female comedy. I mean who doesn't want to meet them?
9. What new or unique hobby would you like to try?
This is isn't all that unique, but I would love to get better at writing, like calligraphy and do my own stationary. Or I would like to learn more about photography. I think I would also like to take more self-defense classes. This can be a hobby right?!
10. What’s something unusual about you that people might not know?
I find loads of satisfaction picking nail polish off of my nails, specifically shellac. I like the smell of money and rubber cement. I feel self-conscious about my long neck. And one of my greatest pet peeves is when people respond to me via text message with a capitol "K". Don't expect me to ever understand what you are trying to communicate. ;)