Friday, August 13, 2010

I cannot drown out your love

My dance is not choreographed
It seems I am losing the motivation to truly stay sane
I'm giving in.
Feeling stuck inside my words
Needing to verbalize
the hurricane in my soul
Everything I try
ceases to make me whole
Someone taught me to swim
but swimming is not what I need
I need muscle mass to fight against the ever increasing stream
the currents are like ice wind
and I am against the flow
Everything in me has a dull ache
I begin to violently shake
No longer moving forward
I feel my body slide into frozen motion
Tears stream down my face
As the water makes its place up to my neck
* * * * * * * * * * * * *

God you are so disarming.
What you see echos deep and far from me
My dance is not so charming
A simultaneous fight with a white flag of surrender
Many waters cannot quench His love
I am giving in to agape
fighting still against the surge of waters
I do not wish to swim on dry land
Still I find myself tripping along some puddles with an odd flash flood warning sign taped across them.

No comments:

Post a Comment